General Information for all visits
Sewards our local family run coach firm have managed to come through the rigors of lockdown but to be Covid compliant we have to travel in 53 seater coaches (with a limit of 30 people on the coach) to allow generous spacing which does mean a slightly higher cost per person.
- The coach will pick up at two points in Bridport – the Coach Park (CP) and Jessop Avenue (JA). The times given below are the actual departure times for each trip. We aim to be back in Bridport around 5 pm unless otherwise stated. Please note the Covid regulations from Sewards for everyone travelling on their coaches.
- When booking. Please state which outing(s) you are paying for and enclose a cheque payable to B.D.G.C., add your name, address, telephone number and pick up point – either Coach Park (CP) or Jessop Avenue (JA). No bookings are made without payment, seats are allocated at that time and please note when you are booking if you wish to sit with a friend.
- The price for each visit includes: the coach, a tip for the driver, and the entrance fee.
- The price for National Trust (NT) members is shown where relevant – please ensure you bring your card on the day
- Most destinations have cafés but meals are not organised or included in the prices.
Please be socially responsible and only book for B&DGC outings if you have had both your jabs or have proof of a negative Covid test. Many thanks.
Sewards’ Covid Precautions
- Face coverings must be worn when boarding, travelling and exiting our vehicles unless there is a valid exemption in place.
- Hand sanitiser is available for use on our coaches near the door, we would ask that you please sanitise your hands when boarding and during the journey using your own personal sanitiser should you need to touch your face, eat or drink.
- The seats immediately behind the driver will be marked out of use.
- Unless there is a medical reason for persons to sit near the front of the vehicle, please generally try to seat people in such a way that the first people on the coach will sit towards the back of the vehicle, however there will be exceptions to this rule in the case of family groups which wish to sit together on the back seats of the coach.
- We are currently trialing the use of non-contact thermometers to take the temperatures of private hire passengers when boarding the coach. Please be aware that we may be taking passenger temperatures on our coach trips, it is generally accepted that the normal temperature range for a human should be between 31.1C (97F) and 37.2C (99F). Passengers displaying a high temperature will be asked not to travel.
- Please be aware that to encourage circulation of fresh air in the vehicle, the driver has been asked to use the air conditioning and open the roof vents except in very wet weather.
- When exiting the coach, please allow for social distancing by giving the passengers at the front of the vehicle time to exit first.
- If you require assistance with personal items such as mobility scooters, baggage, walking sticks etc. please be aware that our drivers have been advised to sanitise their hands before and after touching passengers’ personal items such as these and we ask passengers to frequently sanitize /wash their own hands also.
- Please take care not to leave personal items on the coach at the end of your trip.
- We have rigorous cleaning procedures in place on our coaches and touch points (hand rails, seatbelts, etc.) will be cleaned regularly throughout the day.
- We ask you not to attend any of trip if you or your close family members are experiencing or suspect they may be experiencing Covid – 19 symptoms.
- If you develop Covid – 19 symptoms during one of our trips we ask you to please find a safe alternative to returning home on our coach i.e. collection by a close family member, if this is not possible the driver should be informed of the situation and we will make every effort to assist social distancing on the vehicle for the safety of the other passengers.
Contact details for officers of the Bridport & District Gardening Club are available on the Membership Card.
Oudolf Field at Durslade Farm - Friday September 10, 2021 9.15amCP Pick up: 9.15am JA Pick up: 9.25am
Somerset Piet Oudolf has designed some of the most widely acclaimed gardens of this century and is still designing in his 70s (so hope for us all). Opened in 2014 Piet Oudolf Field, this wonderful example of his work showcases his masterly use of perennials and grasses. An inspiration. Sandwiches and light bites can be bought at the Farm shop deli. Charge £20.00
Kilver Court Garden, Shepton Mallet - Tuesday October 5, 2021 9.15amCP Pick up: 9.15am JA Pick up: 9.25am
Shepton Mallet, Somerset
The visionary design influences of Mulberry founder Roger Saul can now be seen coming to fruition at his Kilver Court Garden in Somerset. His unique planting schemes using colour and texture are evident in his newly redesigned 100m colourist herbaceous border, formal parterre and subtropical island. This eclectic garden is also home to one of the largest sculptures in the world, a breathtaking 15-metre-high Victorian viaduct.
We will be given a brief talk on the history of Kilver Court. There are several catering options on site