General Information for all visits
- The coach will pick up at two points in Bridport – the Coach Park (CP) and Jessop Avenue (JA). The times given below are the actual departure times for each trip. We aim to be back in Bridport around 6 pm unless otherwise stated.
- When booking. Please state which outing(s) you are paying for and enclose a cheque payable to B.D.G.C., add your name, address, telephone number and pick up point – either Coach Park (CP) or Jessop Avenue (JA). No bookings are made without payment, seats are allocated at that time and please note when you are booking if you wish to sit with a friend.
- The price for each visit includes: the coach, a tip for the driver, and the entrance fee.
- The price for National Trust (NT) members is shown where relevant – please ensure you bring your card on the day
- Most destinations have cafés but meals are not organised or included in the prices.
Contact details for officers of the Bridport & District Gardening Club are available on the Membership Card.
Outing to Hinton Ampner, near Alresford - Tuesday September 8, 2020CP Pick up: 9:00am JA Pick up: 9:10am
Hampshire A number of members suggested a visit to Hinton Ampner’s flower-filled Hampshire garden, owned by the National Trust. The result of one man’s vision designed in the 1960s, the house and twelve acres of terraced gardens have views to the South Downs full of pastel colour and scented plants within a structure of yew topiary. Charge: £27.50 (National Trust Members £15.00)
Outing to Montacute House & Tintinhull Garden - Tuesday October 6, 2020CP Pick up: 9:00am JA Pick up: 9:10am
Morning and lunch: MONTACUTE HOUSE
‘A masterpiece of Elizabethan Renaissance architecture and design’. The 16th century house is complemented by extensive formal gardens and parkland. The original raised walks of the Elizabethan garden still survive but many interventions have taken place over the centuries including planting by Vita Sackville-West of Sissinghurst fame and Phyllis Reiss (see below) who both worked on the herbaceous borders.
Afternoon: TINTINHULL GARDEN
It was here that Phyllis Reiss created ‘one of the most harmonious small gardens in Britain.’ A set of seven rooms each with its own character, including a fountain garden.
Charge £24.00 (National Trust Members £10.00)
Outing to Clarks Village - Tuesday November 24, 2020CP Pick up: 9:30am JA Pick up: 9:40am
Over 90 designer and High Street brands including M&S for your Christmas shopping.