Our Annual Spring Show (Saturday 28th March 2020 – Cancelled due to Covid-19) and Late Summer Show (Saturday 5th September 2020 – Cancelled due to Covid-19).
Usually they are held in the United Church Hall, East Street, Bridport and are a highlight of our year. The good news is that you don’t have to be a gardener to take part, and you don’t even have to be a member as all the classes are ‘open’. Hopefully they will go ahead as usual in March and September 2021.
We have traditional horticulture classes plus –
▪ Can you cook, knit, crochet or sew?
▪ Can you paint, arrange flowers, make things, recycle things?
▪ The photography classes are very popular.
There is probably a class for you but if you think we haven’t got the class for you, let us know. We would love to hear from you.
On Show days we have a Charity Plant Stall outside the hall from 9.00 am – 12.30 pm. Members are invited to contribute plants and other saleable garden equipment. Since we started the Plant Stalls we have raised hundreds of pounds for local charities.
See a report of the 2019 Summer Show here
If you have any queries please contact Ann Brown on 01308 424055 or email@example.com
Contact details for other officers of the Bridport & District Gardening Club are available on the Membership Card.
Our Virtual Spring Show
Due to the cancellation of our Spring show we held a Virtual Spring 2020 Show. Here are the photos some of you have sent of things you would have entered – a mini celebration amidst all the doom and gloom.
- Spring Show 2020 – Art and Handicraft Division
- Spring Show 2020 – Children’s Classes – A miniature garden
- Spring Show 2020 – Photography Division
- Spring Show 2020 – Homecraft Division- Preserves
- Spring Show 2020 – Floral Art Division
- Spring Show 2020 – Horticulture Division
Bridport Late Summer Show – CANCELLED - Saturday September 5, 2020
Bridport United Church Hall (Plant Sale - at the Church Entrance)