There has been a Gardening Club in Bridport since at least the 1850s. We currently have over 600 members in Bridport and the surrounding district.
We have ten monthly meetings at the WI Hall in North Street, Bridport welcoming a guest speaker, an outing once a month during the spring and summer. We aim to have a members holiday every other year and hold a popular Christmas lunch in December.
Notice to all Members
As our meetings, outings and other public events are cancelled for the foreseeable future the Bridport & District Gardening Club will not be collecting subscriptions for the year April 2020-21.
If you pay by Standing Order we will arrange a refund at a later date. Keep your current membership card – when they re-open their doors we will ask Groves to accept it until 2021.
We are affiliated to the RHS; the Gardens Group’s Gold Club; Dorset and Somerset Federations of Horticultural Societies; the Daffodil Society; and our sponsors are Clive and Diana Groves.
Contact details for officers of the Bridport & District Gardening Club are available on the Membership Card.
- 2020 Summer Show Cancelled
- Ask the Audience
- May Flowers
- First Flower
- Groves’ service to their customers appreciated
- Groves mentioned in Sunday Times
- Gardening on Clay and Shady Spaces Thursday June 18, 2020
- Uplyme Hort. Soc. – Unusual Herbaceous Perennials Wednesday June 24, 2020
- Outing to The Newt at Hadspen Manor & Oudolf Fields at Durslade Farm Tuesday June 30, 2020
- Dutch Flower Painters Thursday July 16, 2020
- Outing to Castle Drogo Tuesday July 21, 2020
- Uplyme Hort. Soc. – Snakes Alive! Wednesday July 29, 2020
- Bridport Community Orchard – Allotment Day Thursday August 13, 2020
- Uplyme Hort. Soc. – Carnivorous Pitcher Plants Wednesday August 26, 2020
- Bridport Late Summer Show – CANCELLED Saturday September 5, 2020
- Outing to Hinton Ampner, near Alresford Tuesday September 8, 2020