There has been a Gardening Club in Bridport since at least the 1850s. We currently have over 600 members in Bridport and the surrounding district.
We have ten monthly meetings at the WI Hall in North Street, Bridport welcoming a guest speaker, an outing once a month during the spring and summer. We aim to have a members holiday every other year and hold a popular Christmas lunch in December.
A sad Announcement
At the end of September 2021 our good friend Peter Gough passed away. We are diminished without him, losing both a friend and a clever organiser of monthly speakers for us. Working on his own and just getting on with the tasks was his style.
As a tribute to him we intend to use the programme of talks that he so painstakingly assembled for us. He mastered Zoom during Lock-down and I’m so glad members gave him a round of applause at the meeting on 16th September.
We will remember him and be glad to have known this modest gentleman
Margaret Genender – Chairperson
We are affiliated to the RHS; the Gardens Group’s Gold Club; Dorset and Somerset Federations of Horticultural Societies; the Daffodil Society; and our sponsors are Clive and Diana Groves.
Contact details for officers of the Bridport & District Gardening Club are available on the Membership Card.
- Killerton in early Autumn
- Autumnal Splendour
- Other Aspects of Gardening
- Bridport’s Floral Planters
- Visit to Oudolf Field
- August Wonders
- Unusual Plants of the Canary Islands Thursday October 21, 2021
- Seasonal Highlights of Forde Abbey Gardens Thursday November 18, 2021
- Online Lecture – The Beth Chatto Gardens, Past, Present & Future Tuesday March 8, 2022
- Online Event – Denman’s Garden Tuesday March 15, 2022
- Online Event – Shute House (tbc) Tuesday March 29, 2022