There has been a Gardening Club in Bridport since at least the 1850s. We currently have over 600 members in Bridport and the surrounding district.
We have ten monthly meetings at the WI Hall in North Street, Bridport welcoming a guest speaker, an outing once a month during the spring and summer. We aim to have a members holiday every other year and hold a popular Christmas lunch in December.
Notice to all Members
With current rules being relaxed re distancing and meeting indoors being a possibility we may be able to have face to face gatherings this Autumn .
Your committee has been working hard to keep some momentum going and to ensure we still have a viable club .
Please check this site for news of any changes as they occur.
In the meantime Enjoy Your Gardens !
We are affiliated to the RHS; the Gardens Group’s Gold Club; Dorset and Somerset Federations of Horticultural Societies; the Daffodil Society; and our sponsors are Clive and Diana Groves.
Contact details for officers of the Bridport & District Gardening Club are available on the Membership Card.
- Bridport’s Floral Planters
- Visit to Oudolf Field
- Autumnal Splendour
- Other Aspects of Gardening
- August Wonders
- Produce – successes or disappointments
- Change of Venue – Killerton House, Devon Tuesday October 5, 2021
- Seasonal Highlights of Forde Abbey Gardens Thursday November 18, 2021
- Online Lecture – The Beth Chatto Gardens, Past, Present & Future Tuesday March 8, 2022
- Online Event – Denman’s Garden Tuesday March 15, 2022
- Online Event – Shute House (tbc) Tuesday March 29, 2022