There has been a Gardening Club in Bridport since at least the 1850s. We currently have over 600 members in Bridport and the surrounding district.
We have ten monthly meetings at the WI Hall in North Street, Bridport welcoming a guest speaker, an outing once a month during the spring and summer. We aim to have a members holiday every other year and hold a popular Christmas lunch in December.
Notice to all Members
As our meetings, outings and other public events are cancelled for the foreseeable future the Bridport & District Gardening Club will not be collecting subscriptions for the year April 2020-21.
If you pay by Standing Order we will arrange a refund at a later date. Keep your current membership card – Groves will accept it until 2021.
We are affiliated to the RHS; the Gardens Group’s Gold Club; Dorset and Somerset Federations of Horticultural Societies; the Daffodil Society; and our sponsors are Clive and Diana Groves.
You can find a December 2020 letter from our Chair on the News Page.
Contact details for officers of the Bridport & District Gardening Club are available on the Membership Card.
- A December letter from the Chair
- Signs of Spring
- Winter Wonders
- Autumnal Splendour
- Our response to Cllr Bark’s suggestion of a Plastic Free Bridport
- Groves Lockdown Team says thanks
- Uplyme Hort. Soc. – Revive your Garden Wednesday January 27, 2021
- Uplyme Hort. Soc. – All about Watervoles and Mink Wednesday February 24, 2021
- Uplyme Hort. Soc. – Plastics, there’s a great future in plastics! Wednesday March 24, 2021
- Uplyme Hort. Soc. – Lyme Regis Town Millers Wednesday April 28, 2021
- Uplyme Hort. Soc. – The Scented Garden Wednesday June 23, 2021