The Gold Club, Castle Gardens, New Road, Sherborne, Dorset DT9 5NR
Speaker Liz Hutson
You are cordially invited to a talk about growing for health, the speaker will be Liz Hutson. This invitation is for your club members to attend on the afternoon of 11th March at 2.30pm until 5.00pm.
An outline of the afternoon is –
- Gardening – the key to health and longevity?
- Documented physical and mental benefits of gardening, including several you may not have heard of
- Little known benefits of grow your own and how to make the most of these regardless of space, lack of time, expertise and other restrictions
- Extending the season
- How to avoid gluts and shortages
- Why healthy soil is so essential – for us and the planet – and how to optimise yours
- Other ways gardening can support mental and physical health
- Maximising the sensory benefits
- Using plants and gardening techniques to support wildlife and the environment
- Indoor air quality, why it is so important and how to improve it using plants
- Summary and useful references
The cost of this event will be a discounted price £3.50 per person (the cost for non Gold Club members is £5.00).
Download the Invitation Form: Growing for Health talk invitation